For the employer
Complaints from employees, disagreements between you and an employee or disputes between two employees can all prove costly for your business.
Conflict at work can lessen productivity and, if taken to a tribunal, costs time and money and can damage the working environment.
Prevention is better than cure
- staff appraisals can reveal discontent
- in-house gossip can put you on notice of potential problems
- mediation can be used at an early stage to avoid situations escalating
Think of mediation as an in-house service, there to be used before anyone starts talking about employment law
How Mediation can help
- Mediation happens quickly, saving you time and money
- it helps to maintain future working relationships and may even strengthen them
- mediation provides win-win solutions
- unlike court proceedings, mediation is entirely confidential, protecting the reputation of the business
- it gives you the chance to prevent disputes escalating. The non-adversarial format gives all parties the chance to have their say and offers a forum for productive negotiation and settlement.
Mediation makes good business sense!
For the employee
Dissatisfaction at work causes stress and the worry of the cost and time involved in a court case is very real.
If you are unhappy with your terms of employment or you're in dispute with your employer or another employee, you may feel that going to a tribunal is your only option, but how are you going to pay?
How Mediation can help
- mediation avoids the cost and time involved in a tribunal
- it provides a neutral forum for you to air your views
- it gives you the power to negotiate a solution, rather than placing decisions in the hands of the court
- mediation is non-confrontational, and finding a mutually acceptable solution can help you to retain good working relationships with your colleagues
- unlike a court case, mediation is totally confidential.
Workplace - Partners/Co-directors
A breakdown in relations between those at managerial level can damage the success of your business.
How mediation can help
- It provides a neutral and confidential forum to discuss issues
- It helps renegotiate terms of an agreement
- It helps maintain future working relationships and may even strengthen them
- It's speedy and inexpensive - so you can get back to running your business